<<

Toyflish

Zone Bunny
Zone Bunny

Site Rep: International / Overseas

Post 10 May 2016, 02:10

[WIP] Random Team Distribution

Heyo!

In our group, we always asign teams randomly to our players. In the past we did this through painted wodden balls, but we always had the problem identifying green from blue, because the light in our venue is yellow.

So i wrote a little web-app that does the trick for me:
http://picker.lt-community.de

You can enter the number of players you want to distribute, click "Show cards" and it will spread the players across the teams blue, red and green.
You can scroll through the cards by the arrows on the left or the right, but you can also click on a card to advance. We put up a tablet on the entrance of our arena, the players pass by, tap the screen and get their color assigned.

Pretty simple, i know, but i thought i let you know and perhaps you have some suggestions or ideas for future features? :)

Have fun,
Toyflish
Last edited by Toyflish on 09 Aug 2016, 20:45, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Azrael

Zone Poster
Zone Poster

Site Admins
Site Admins

P&C Representative
P&C Representative

Site Rep: SA

Post 10 May 2016, 02:38

Re: [WIP] Random Team Distribution

Hi Toyflish,

Pretty cool idea!
We have a player working on something a little similar! :)
I aim to misbehave.

"Hey... Isn't P&C in Melbourne?" - Pal, 2012 (On Subtlety)
"And I will pay $50 to get out of Jail again, because this game is a ****" - Vector, 2013 (On Monopoly)
"I do mistrust dinosaurs..." - Rep, 2014 (On Forum Policy)
<<

Toyflish

Zone Bunny
Zone Bunny

Post 10 May 2016, 22:39

If he figures out how to do "balancing" without manually tracking the players score, let me know :D
<<

Azrael

Zone Poster
Zone Poster

Site Admins
Site Admins

P&C Representative
P&C Representative

Post 11 May 2016, 02:43

I've told him about this thread, and directed him to the forum - so hopefully he will post sometime soon :)
I aim to misbehave.

"And I will pay $50 to get out of Jail again, because this game is a ****" - Vector, 2013 (On Monopoly)
<<

FinZeroX

Zone Bunny
Zone Bunny

Post 13 May 2016, 01:13

Could it be possible to implement the feature in the Control Center or as an individual tool? In example a tool that reads which vests have a membership logon and assigns them to the pre-selected teams.
For example:

Players are taking a short break after a game. The game is selected from control center and all players log on with their membership card. Operator then click the app on the Game Server machine. The app reads the logged on players, checks up their previous stats (maybe 5-10 games, ppm or tag ratio etc.) and assigns the players to chosen teams (in example 5 teams, redbluegreenyellowcyan) according to the levels of the players.
<<

Azrael

Zone Poster
Zone Poster

Site Admins
Site Admins

P&C Representative
P&C Representative

Post 13 May 2016, 03:27

I believe that there was a planned feature in @Rakesh's tournament management software to automatically log players onto packs, so they can just walk into the kit-up room, and pick the pack straight up.

I think he also planned to include several different ways of team creation, and a draw generator.
Not sure how far along he's gotten though :)
I aim to misbehave.

<<

Toyflish

Zone Bunny
Zone Bunny

Post 11 Jun 2016, 01:26

Azrael wrote:I believe that there was a planned feature in @Rakesh's tournament management software to automatically log players onto packs, so they can just walk into the kit-up room, and pick the pack straight up.

I would be highly interested in how this is possible to code, but i think its for P&C Guys only?

Meanwhile, i switched the url to: http://picker.lt-community.de/
...and implemented an "offset", which bridges the problem of high skill players.

I take the first number of good players (in my example: 6) and enter them under "How many players do you want to distribute over different teams in the beginning?"

They will distributed as follows:
1 - random
2 - random
3 - random (not really random, only one team left ^^)
4 - as 3
5 - as 2
6 - as 1

After the Offset is distributed, the rest of the Players (= total - offset) will be distributed randomly, because the "heavy hitters" are out of the way now. This creates pretty even teams in the games i tested.

Additional to that, i worked on a better visual when the Card is changing. Before the number on the card was the only way to tell if the card really switched, if the color stays the same. Now it's a gif and it moves, so it should be better to see.

I am also working on parsing the "My Games" Section of the myzonelaser Website, to extract the scores of the games i play in (and i play in every game of our community), to build a score database, because i don't know any other way to get my hands on the scores to develop a balancing algorithm. But that's still in the future :D
<<

Azrael

Zone Poster
Zone Poster

Site Admins
Site Admins

P&C Representative
P&C Representative

Post 11 Jun 2016, 15:36

Hey Toyflish,

I'd say that it's probably only possible for P&C guys indeed.

The scores idea sounds awesome! :D
I aim to misbehave.

<<

Toyflish

Zone Bunny
Zone Bunny

Post 09 Aug 2016, 20:49

Update 09.08.2016:

• New URL: http://picker.lt-community.de - easier to type.
  • Major Style update, now it looks like more app-like and is easier to handle on mobile devices
    • Implemented jQuery mobile, pulling Color-Cards over AJAX, so no reloading the whole page
    • Sliders for Players and Offset for easier handling on mobile devices
  • Team colors can now be chosen via flipswitch, do you want more? Tell me what your arena uses, i will add them! (pref colors which represent css colors ^^)
  • Color-Carousel progresses via touch AND swipe now, because older folks didnt get the hang of touching a screen properly in our community :D

Have fun with it :)
<<

Toyflish

Zone Bunny
Zone Bunny

Post 15 Nov 2016, 01:04

Hey! Long time no see! :D

Update 14.11.2016:

Since i learned how to code Android apps now, the web project will not be continued.

The good thing: The app now completly works without an internet connection, so i can use it in the basement too :D

But i created a githup repo for the Android code (Cordova app made with Visual Studio 2015): https://github.com/andreasfulde/Team-Picker
Or, if you just want to try the app on your device, here is the latest release with the APK download: https://github.com/andreasfulde/Team-Pi ... tag/v1.0.1

Have fun with it :)

PostThis post was deleted by Wraith on 11 Apr 2018, 15:34.

Return to Development