Techanical difficulties

<<

starfire

Zone Bunny
Zone Bunny

Site Rep: International / Overseas

Post 12 Nov 2015, 04:00

Techanical difficulties

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this topic, but I'm gonna run with it

So I've had a few issues and curiosities and I'm just wondering if other people have as well and maybe have solutions!
First off, at my site we have HeliosCE, which as far as I know, is up-to-date. (Not sure if that's pertinent to my problems, but I'll throw it out there)

One of things I've noticed is sometimes the pack rack LEDs will sometimes change on their own (even in stand-alone mode with the color set.) Now is that a faulty board or does it need to have a different settings?

With the targets that are set inside the arena, is there an efficient way to test them? I was hoping there was a way to active them/test the different colors via the tablet.
Also, I wonder if there is a difference with the target settings Burst and Random Targets? From what I've seen myself, they're essentially the same only red players aren't able to tag them?
Along with the different target settings, for Hit Value I've figured out the points for red, yellow, green, blue - but I swear I've seen a white target but it comes up so rarely I can't find out the points for it.

Sorry if my ponderings are a little scattered, I've been trying to condense and simplify as much information as I can for training purposes.
<<

LingLing

Zone Sentinel
Zone Sentinel

Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Hobart Arrogantish

Site Rep: VIC

Post 13 Nov 2015, 00:12

Re: Techanical difficulties

My pack racks have been fading between colours (orange to red/pink cyan to white, blue to purple, green to limeish green to yellow). I think that's related to the DMX module and kinda like the effect. May not be the same as your issue.

Burst/Random target profiles are similar (Red targets light up (type 1) and award 50 points) however with 'burst' groups of nearby targets will come on at once (so a player is more likely to see 4-5 targets lit up near them but there will be less targets lit up in other parts of your arena) where as random will activate targets... randomly.

I'm not familar with the CE control center but if you can view/change the scoring for games it will tell you the values for each target type. I think the default for white is 400 points.. But could be 1k-2k.
If you have the 'target profile editor' software installed it will tell you what each target type is, change the frequency that they turn on and may allow you to change the hit value colours (not sure about CE once again).

If you do have the target profile editor you could try creating a profile that turns a lot of targets on for long periods of time, this would be the only way to test the colours.
Alternatively there's a test profile which activates targets white and tells you the target controller and target id over the arena audio.
<<

starfire

Zone Bunny
Zone Bunny

Site Rep: International / Overseas

Post 17 Nov 2015, 09:40

I have noticed the fading too, and it shows up and disappears periodically - I thought it might be related, but as far as I can tell I don't think it is.

That makes sense in theory, I'll have to call and see if I can have Burst acting the way it should. It may be different for yours, but I think I nailed the points down.
Red 100, Yellow 200, Blue 300, Green 400, and White I'm fairly certain now is 2k.

I am curious about this target profile editor though. What else can you manage with it? The vest targets' and bases' as well, or just the wall targets?
I don't think CE is equipped with it, so I imagine what I have is the set default.

Also, I am curious how other sites handle the membership.
So we have our members' night - we do a members only game, then a public recruitment game and continue going back and forth.
The issue with that is we have to keep an eye on which vests the members' use; because sometimes the membership will stay logged on, that member takes a break - another player grabs that vest and screws up their stats. As far as I know the only way to deactivate the membership after a game is to turn the vest off and on again, or plug into charge for a second.
But, surely there's a better way than that?

One of my biggest pet peeves with the memberships is that with nearly every issue I've had with the cards themselves, I've been advised to merge the card.
Recently, the card to one of our most loyal members just decided to stop working completely - from my understanding, there's no way to fix it and she has to start over with a new card. Naturally, she was a little traumatized. Now, have you all come across this (if you do the memberships) and if so, is there any measures you take to prevent such incidents?
Similarly, most often I'm told to merge cards when there's been a "registration issue", again, have you figured out a way to avoid such issues? Or how do you keep your members happy when something like that happens?
<<

LingLing

Zone Sentinel
Zone Sentinel

Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Hobart Arrogantish

Site Rep: VIC

Post 19 Nov 2015, 22:33

The target profile editor is only used for modifying target profiles/settings. I imagine it's a pro feature.

If you use the abort button on your handheld it will log the member off the pack.. It should be pretty obvious if any are left logged in by looking at the lighting patterns.
You can also select a game profile or press the abort button in the control center which will log off all members.
The solution to this would be to ensure members don't log back on after games - The packs shouldn't stay logged in after games.

I haven't started using rfid/zeon membership yet but @Rakesh or @Shex may be able to answer your questions regarding the cards.

PostThis post was deleted by Wraith on 11 Apr 2018, 15:37.

PostThis post was deleted by Wraith on 11 Apr 2018, 15:38.

Return to Development