Hello and a question.

<<

Bettijohatrix

Zone Bunny
Zone Bunny

Site Rep: International / Overseas

Post 31 Dec 2014, 03:08

Hello and a question.

Hello everyone. I've joined from the U.S. Our fun center got Helios about 2 months ago, and are now building up the membership. It's been a bit rocky, but I'm glad to have this available. If you are ever in Albuquerque, NM, Come to Hinkle family fun center on Monday afternoon and we will play.
Most all of my kinks have been absolved for this membership except for one. My center has even tried to get it fixed but we can't figure it out. We just warn people to not pick an avatar instead. I was fine with the picture, but once I picked an Avatar my user name got shortened to Bettijoh and I can't seem to find a way to take the avatar off so that I can have my full name back. If anyone knows how I can fix this on my Profile, Please, Please let me now. I'm kinda attached to the name and would like to have it whole.
<<

LingLing

Zone Sentinel
Zone Sentinel

Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Hobart Arrogantish

Site Rep: VIC

Post 31 Dec 2014, 08:50

Re: Hello and a question.

I know nexus has an 8 character limit for alias's.. I'm unfamiliar with Helios.
If Helios supports 8+ perhaps there's been something accidentally copied over (by p&c) from nexus to helios which is causing the limit.
<<

Bettijohatrix

Zone Bunny
Zone Bunny

Post 31 Dec 2014, 16:54

I'm not sure. My friends who have not picked an Avatar are able to keep their longer names. I'm having trouble with taking the Avatar off now that it's been picked. I'm hoping to find a way in which to remove it the way you can remove your picture, but have not had any success.
<<

Azrael

Zone Poster
Zone Poster

Site Admins
Site Admins

P&C Representative
P&C Representative

Site Rep: SA

Post 01 Jan 2015, 20:24

Are you updated to the latest versions of everything?

If so, I'd contact P&C Support and make sure they're aware of the bug, and if they have any known solutions to it.

If not, I'd update to the latest version of anything you can.
I aim to misbehave.

"Hey... Isn't P&C in Melbourne?" - Pal, 2012 (On Subtlety)
"And I will pay $50 to get out of Jail again, because this game is a ****" - Vector, 2013 (On Monopoly)
"I do mistrust dinosaurs..." - Rep, 2014 (On Forum Policy)
<<

Bettijohatrix

Zone Bunny
Zone Bunny

Post 02 Jan 2015, 08:28

I have multiple computers, one that is only 3 weeks old with Windows 8.1, and have tried on the computers at my center. i also posted on the Facebook page after sending an e-mail. Have not heard back at all. I was hoping that you guys could help me faster. Guess I will just have to try again, and see what happens.
<<

Azrael

Zone Poster
Zone Poster

Site Admins
Site Admins

P&C Representative
P&C Representative

Site Rep: SA

Post 02 Jan 2015, 16:38

Hey,

Currently P&C is closed until the 5th of January for all non-essential issues.
There is still an emergency support line open, for (as stated) emergencies.
This information is detailed on the Site Operator Mailing List - if you're not a part of this, and are a Site Op, I would suggest you contact P&C for more information on how to gain access, it can be very useful.

Most of the people on this forum are players, or operators - and as such have only anecdotal information for you, as opposed to official technical solutions.
A pass-through authorisation is being worked on currently to allow your Zeon membership to log straight into the forum - allowing accounts flagged as Operator to access the technical support section of these forums.

In conclusion, sorry we can't be more help - but we do the best we can! :)
I aim to misbehave.

"Hey... Isn't P&C in Melbourne?" - Pal, 2012 (On Subtlety)
"And I will pay $50 to get out of Jail again, because this game is a ****" - Vector, 2013 (On Monopoly)
"I do mistrust dinosaurs..." - Rep, 2014 (On Forum Policy)
<<

Bettijohatrix

Zone Bunny
Zone Bunny

Post 05 Jan 2015, 13:57

Ok. Well Hopefully I can hear from them soon. I was just hopeing someone had gone through the same thing and found a solution. One of my friends has suggested getting a new membership, but I have a few games under this one already and don't really want to do that. Thank you for Replying and trying to help. I truely do appreciate it.
<<

LingLing

Zone Sentinel
Zone Sentinel

Global Moderators
Global Moderators

Hobart Arrogantish

Site Rep: VIC

Post 05 Jan 2015, 14:50

I would assume it's simply a nexus limitation that's been left in the code by mistake. I don't have helios/zeon to play with so I don't know what sort of access site ops have to their members stuff but is there anyway to modify your alias within Acacia or a membership database.

Do you work/run the fun center? If so try the above and log a support call with p&c or ask the owner/staff to.
<<

SheX

Zone Bunny
Zone Bunny

P&C Representative
P&C Representative

Post 05 Jan 2015, 16:48

PM Sent :D
<<

Bettijohatrix

Zone Bunny
Zone Bunny

Post 07 Jan 2015, 09:49

Sorry Shex but your PM seems to have not found it's way into my inbox. crazily enough I seem to just be having bugs and glitches all over the place right now. I will be greatly excited once everything settles down to how it is supposed to be.

Could you please try sending your message again?
Thank you.

Return to The Watercooler