Zone Sentinel

Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Site Operator
Site Operator

Site Rep: ACT

Post 25 Sep 2017, 16:09

Worlds Council Member

Hi guys - as you may or may not know - I am currently the Australian member of the Worlds Council.

I would like find out if there is anyone out there that would like to join me on the Council and assist in the running of the next event ?

So if you are interested please post in here and put your name in the hat.
There will be times, if you get the job, that you will not want it - ask anyone that has done a committee position for our Nats - they will tell you there are days that are .... YUCK !

If you can give your time to this event and assist in communication, organisation and many other things please jump in.

We are now in a very formal and formative stage, new documents are being setup and formed, the council is getting more organised in what it does and how.

We are wanting to get new ideas and help improve the ones we have ..... Sound like a job for you ?

How would you all like to vote for a new council member?
In here ? At Nats ?

All of that is also up for discussion, you may also want to talk about how we get players to nominate for Worlds ?
Who do we pick and how ?

All this is where we need to go as a group, out into the World Stage.

We already lead the World with the best and biggest Laser Tag competition on the planet, for that we all owe a debt to the many people who have given their free time to do so much for all of us - the past and current committees that have guided us along the way and the MANY volunteers that make the effort to get us through the days that make up our sport.

These guys get hammered by questions and issues that can cause a great strain on them and what they do, i know as I have posed some of those questions and caused an issue or two myself, as have many others.
To thank them is volunteer occasionally yourself and get involved / help out when you can.

Which is why I ask you to consider this as well.

Thank you.
... and so it begins ...
... perhaps after we enjoy a good drink!
<<

Phoenix

Zone Sentinel
Zone Sentinel

Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Site Operator
Site Operator

Post 25 Sep 2017, 16:28

Re: Worlds Council Member

... Couger ....

Christopher Johnson Hi Doc, I would love to put my name forward.
... and so it begins ...
<<

Gizmo

Zone Bunny
Zone Bunny

Site Rep: SA

Post 25 Sep 2017, 16:38

I am also thinking on putting my name forward...
<<

jemsta

Zone Bunny
Zone Bunny

Site Rep: TAS

Post 25 Sep 2017, 17:40

I'd like to put my name forward, Doc :)
<<

Phoenix

Zone Sentinel
Zone Sentinel

Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Site Operator
Site Operator

Post 25 Sep 2017, 20:21

Good to see some responses - Thanks guys.
... and so it begins ...
<<

Phoenix

Zone Sentinel
Zone Sentinel

Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Site Operator
Site Operator

Post 25 Sep 2017, 22:23

... so a question arises ... where should we set up the vote for our next Worlds Council member ?
Should we get everyone involved and then do a Vote at Nationals ?
... and so it begins ...
<<

Azrael

Zone Poster
Zone Poster

Site Admins
Site Admins

P&C Representative
P&C Representative

Post 26 Sep 2017, 10:03

Phoenix wrote:... so a question arises ... where should we set up the vote for our next Worlds Council member ?

Well... On the one hand, if people are determined to be involved in stuff like this, they'd probably be fairly aware of the typical communication channels (Facebook primarily) - so most people who would be interested in the outcome would likely already be aware of it.

Conversely, to get the most balanced and full vote, using the Nationals site/committee voting as a vehicle would probably be the most appropriate way.
I aim to misbehave.

"Hey... Isn't P&C in Melbourne?" - Pal, 2012 (On Subtlety)
"And I will pay $50 to get out of Jail again, because this game is a ****" - Vector, 2013 (On Monopoly)
"I do mistrust dinosaurs..." - Rep, 2014 (On Forum Policy)
<<

Ginny

Zone Target
Zone Target

Committee Member
Committee Member

Site Operator
Site Operator

Site Rep: VIC

Post 26 Sep 2017, 13:36

Hey Doc.

I would also like to put my name forward.
<<

Phoenix

Zone Sentinel
Zone Sentinel

Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Site Operator
Site Operator

Post 26 Sep 2017, 14:17

Ginny wrote:Hey Doc.

I would also like to put my name forward.

Like you have a heap of spare time ...lol ... cheers Ginny.
... and so it begins ...
<<

Phoenix

Zone Sentinel
Zone Sentinel

Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Site Operator
Site Operator

Post 29 Sep 2017, 21:50

Azrael wrote:
Phoenix wrote:... so a question arises ... where should we set up the vote for our next Worlds Council member ?

Well... On the one hand, if people are determined to be involved in stuff like this, they'd probably be fairly aware of the typical communication channels (Facebook primarily) - so most people who would be interested in the outcome would likely already be aware of it.

Conversely, to get the most balanced and full vote, using the Nationals site/committee voting as a vehicle would probably be the most appropriate way.

FB is an absolute pain to track conversations and have the real ability to track a proper chain of conversation.
It is however a great way to get people to see a notice ... like advertise a vote in the forums.

Can those that are interested in the Worlds Council Role, please post some information about themselves in the forum that people can read.
To get an idea of whom they will be voting for ?

The Council will be using Laser Tag Forums to do most of its communication, along with Google Docs and FB as tools to assist in the role.
So we will be looking at people that will be actively involved with these mediums.
As part of our timeline we are also looking to have the additional member sooner rather than later.

With this in mind we would like have a vote by the middle of October or so.
The Voting will be open in the forum on Monday the 16th of October and close the voting on Sunday the 22nd October 2017

With the announcement of the new council member on 23rd October 2017
Voting will be online, anyone that wishes to vote can send an email to doc@zone3act.com.au
Include your Name and email address in the message you will receive an email with your voting instructions.
(Online using Election Runner.)

Cheers.
... and so it begins ...
<<

Gizmo

Zone Bunny
Zone Bunny

Post 03 Oct 2017, 19:15

Worlds Council Member Application - Australia

Daniel Claridge - aka Gizmo ( Adelaide )

I have been playing Nationals since Rockhampton back in 2005, and then Bendigo, 2007, returning with a new Adelaide team in Launceston in 2012. Since then, I have only missed New Zealand.

Along with training many an Adelaide team over the years, and being a captain for a few of them, I am also heavily involved in Motorsport throughout South Australia, Australia and Internationally, including running events including State Titles.

I have also been an executive member of sporting club committees over the past 20 years, and a Moderator of gaming forums here in Australia. Whilst not a lover of Facebook, I use it as a means of communication that is now required in this modern era.

Whilst not looking to play at an International level, I believe my skills with both running Motorsport and my many years of laser tag and other sporting groups committees, bring a knowledge of what is required in a council role to the forefront, supporting other members of the council and representing the player community at its core.

Personally I would like to see Laser Tag enter the realms of major sports both in Australia and Worldwide.

Regards

Gizmo.
<<

Phoenix

Zone Sentinel
Zone Sentinel

Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Site Operator
Site Operator

Post 05 Oct 2017, 19:50

Hi peoples ... as you may be aware we have a spot open on the Worlds Council for an Australian ...

Currently we have:
Couger
Jemsta
Gizmo
Ginny
Gypsy Lee and
Ibo
Looking at the position.

They will be posting some details on the forum at :

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=437

The Voting will be open in the forum on Monday the 16th of October and close the voting on Sunday the 22nd October 2017

With the announcement of the new council member on 23rd October 2017
Voting will be online, anyone that wishes to vote can register at :

http://www.zone3act.com.au/worlds-council-vote/

You must be an Australian Lasertag player, have played at one of the last 3 Australasian National Championships (2015 -2017 inclusive.), or attended the World Championships as an Australian player and be over 16.

(Online using Election Runner.)

Cheers.
... and so it begins ...
<<

Ginny

Zone Target
Zone Target

Committee Member
Committee Member

Site Operator
Site Operator

Site Rep: VIC

Post 05 Oct 2017, 20:59

Re: Matthew “GINNY” Ginn World Council Proposal

To Whom it may concern
I am writing to express my interest for a position on the Zone Laser Tag World Championship council.

I believe that I express the necessary qualities and experience in order to be a worthy candidate for this position.

I personally have had a passion for growing the laser tag scene on a global scale for some time and this is the perfect opportunity for me to represent the Australian community and move forward with the growth of the championships.

I believe that it is essential that the Australian representative be able to bring a wealth of knowledge to the council. Through my 5 national championships and one world championships I can bring knowledge from a players perspective and through my 6 Years of entertainment center management I will be able to work with operators to ensure that the running of the event is smooth and remains profitable for the business
As an elected member

for the 2018 Australasian championship committee It shows that I am a trusted and respected member of the playing community which is essential when representing a large player base. Although some may see this as a deterrent for voting for me I will be able to utilise this position to liase between the two committees when appropriate and at this point in time do not have the intention of re running for a position after next years championships leaving me able to dedicate my time to the world championships.
<<

Ibo

Zone Target
Zone Target

Site Rep: QLD

Post 05 Oct 2017, 22:53

Vote 1 Ibo

(yes I am formally nominating myself)
<<

Ibo

Zone Target
Zone Target

Post 05 Oct 2017, 23:30

Ibo wrote:Vote 1 Ibo

(yes I am formally nominating myself)

My Credentials

9 Nats + 1 Worlds Attended.

Hundreds of hours volunteered towards projects such as the sincs list, media crew, head ref ect.

I know most of the international players reasonably well.

Very contactable by social media.
<<

LZCougar

Zone Bunny
Zone Bunny

Post 07 Oct 2017, 08:23

Worlds Committee Member Application

Christopher Johnson
“Cougar”
Australia

Hey guys,
I have been part of the Laser Tag Brisbane scene since 2001, and was a major part of the Sunshine Coast between 2005 and 2015 before moving back to Brisbane. In that time, I was part of the competition scene not only as a player, but as an organiser in many of the local competitions, and even working with Ben Baker in 2004 to reinvigorate the South East Queensland local competition scene after it took a year’s hiatus when I was representing the Ipswich site. Since then, I have been a founding member of the SEQLTA (South East Queensland Laser Tag Association), helping lay the ground work for the monster it has become today not only as a committee member, but as a Tournament Co-ordinator for the local competition scene.
I was also part of the Australian Nationals committee as a player representative in the 2010-2011 season.
I have played in 7 National Titles (winning in 2009), and 1 Worlds Title on the Sunshine Coast. Laser Tag is my passion, as many people know, and I would love to help grow the sport on a worlds stage. I hope that my enthusiasm for the sport will bring positive change to Laser Tag, and I look forward to the opportunity to serve the community on a larger stage.
<<

Phoenix

Zone Sentinel
Zone Sentinel

Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Site Operator
Site Operator

Post 07 Oct 2017, 19:03

Thanks Guys.
Please - anyone looking at the spot - put up a burst.
Voting registration finishes on the Sat Midnight 15th October 2017
Good luck to all.
Cheers.
... and so it begins ...
<<

Phoenix

Zone Sentinel
Zone Sentinel

Section Moderator
Section Moderator

Site Operator
Site Operator

Post 22 Oct 2017, 22:09

G'day to one and all.
Voting has finished for the position on the Worlds Council.
I have had Noofa and Marcus check the results with me online.
We had 40 people register to vote - with only a few people not voting and we have a result.
Congratulations Gizmo, you have been elected.
... and so it begins ...

Return to Zone World Championships